Subscription services have grown like crazy as the internet continues to grow in its influence over all parts of our lives. We have subscription to things like weekly dinners, movies/television programming, diapers, and even pet food and supplies.
A golf subscription box is perfect because it is always full of things that golfers need like tees, balls, and gloves but also things that are surprising and fun.
With most subscription boxes, you feel out a questionnaire that tells the company about your style and your likes so that each box is catered to you.
You also have the chance later to change those descriptions and to make sure that what you are receiving are things that you like.
The following is a review of some of the Best Golf Subscription Boxes on the market. While there are others out there, we have chosen our favorite 6 and we believe that you can find exactly what you are looking for.
Best Golf Subscription Box Reviewed
Our top 6 golf subscription boxes in order from 1 to 6:
Swinger Box has some great features compared to the other subscription boxes on this list. There are 3 monthly boxes that you can choose from depending on what you are looking for and depending on how much you want to spend.
Our favorite option is the starter box that gives you a great start on the subscription and then turns into the higher quality “Gear Box” that provides a lot of the gear that you will need on a monthly basis.
Swinger Box designs and makes their own high quality gear and they cater their boxes to seasons, sizes, environment, and the preferences of each client.
They have a very low cost option in their “Essentials Box” and a higher cost option with their “Gear Box.” Either one is a great choice and it just depends on what you are looking for in a subscription.
With Swinger Box, you will not receive the standard golf clothes from the big name brands that look just like every other golfer on the course. These designs are stylish and unique and they will help you stand out in a crowd.
The golf balls, tees, gloves, electronics, etc. are also very high quality products that are catered to your game and tastes.
- A great product at a fantastic price.
- The starter box is perfect for beginning golfers.
- It is a great way for golfers that are just starting out to be ready to hit the links with all of the gear they need.
- The styles are unique, visually appealing, and very durable.
- The golf equipment is both necessary and high quality.
- Boxes are catered to your likes and the season.
- You have 2 great options of subscriptions to choose from.
- You get 1 or 2 apparel items, a golf accessory and training aid, and essential gear in every box.
- If you are a golfer that likes name brands like Puma, Under Armour, Oakley, etc. then this is not the subscription box for you.
- There is a high end option and a low end option but nothing in the middle.
- If you are playing your golf in south Florida, then the outerwear and cold weather gear is probably not necessary.
The Short Par 4 is more of the classic brand name and style golf box subscription.
If you like brand names like Callaway, Under Armour, Puma, etc. that is exactly what Short Par 4 offers and at a fraction of what you find in retail stores.
With Short Par 4, you choose a subscription, take a quiz, and receive gear to your door every month. It is important to note that the word “quiz” refers to a questionnaire that Short Par 4 has developed over years of existence.
They find out your likes/dislikes, style, and preferences and they use that questionnaire to provide you with some of the best gear on the market. Expect to see your favorite brands in every box along with new things for you to try just in case they become your new favorite.
There are 3 different membership levels with one being catered specifically to women golfers. The Fairway membership is catered to your likes and style and is guaranteed to be the best value out there.
You get premium functional apparel that will have you feeling and looking nice on the course. The Executive Membership offers you a few more options but with the same discounts and brand names and the Magnolia membership is designed for female golfers.
Short Par 4 is focused on fashion and functionality on the course, and it provides really good products at good prices.
- Every golfer loves to see names that they are comfortable with like Under Armour, Callaway, Oakley, Puma, and TaylorMade and that is exactly what you get with Short Par 4.
- The Magnolia membership is one of the only golf subscription boxes catered specifically to women.
- With packages from $45 to $125 per month, you will be able to find one that is perfect for you.
- You save time because you never really have to go shopping for golf gear again.
- It makes a great gift.
- Offer great discounts on high end products.
- Each box comes along with additional offers and discounts that you can spend at the Short Par 4 online store.
- In terms of fashion and style, Short Par 4 is probably the best of the best.
- Focused much more on style and clothing so you do not get as much equipment with your subscription as with some of the others.
- The big brand names are limited in their style and options.
If you are looking for a low price option that is both simple and highly functional, then Mully Box might be for you. If you are looking for a new golf shirt or the latest hat, then Mully Box is not for you.
This subscription focuses on the basics like golf balls, tees, gloves, and training aids. Each month with Mully Box has a new and different focus.
One month the theme will be putting, iron play, driving, etc. and everything that you receive in the box will be catered to that theme.
The mission of Mully Box is that golfers should feel like their game is improving every month because of their subscription and they do everything to make that happen.
Each monthly box comes with golf balls, tees, and 3 accessories made to help you improve your game.
- Simple and very inexpensive.
- Essential equipment and aids delivered to your door monthly.
- The focus is on golf and not fashion.
- A very direct mission statement to help people improve at golf and that is what they try to do with each box.
- No gear, no clothes.
- Not as thorough as many of the other golf subscription boxes out there.
My Golf Locker makes it this high up the list because of the flexibility of this subscription. You do not pay for extra, superfluous goods but only for what you want.
Every box is catered to what you want, what you like, and what you want to pay for. There is no subscription, no startup fees, no shipping fees, and you can stop or start any time you want.
Simply tell My Golf Locker about yourself and your preferences, decide how often you want a “locker,” how much you want to pay, and they will cater a box for you.
They use the brand names within the price range you choose and they fill up your wardrobe quickly with high quality products from good brands.
- You can start, stop, and adjust your locker at any time.
- All clothing is catered to your tastes.
- You get what you pay for, nothing more and nothing less, in terms of brand name and quality.
- It is the most flexible golf subscription box to the point that it is not even really a subscription service.
- You can get the things that you like and they make it easy to exchange and send back as well.
- Name your price is a great tool.
- You get 14 days to keep or send back anything that comes.
- Currently for men only.
- Focuses solely on clothing and fashion, there is no equipment or training aids.
- Not really a subscription service because you can change it and cancel it at any time.
- Not overly discounted items, it is almost like buying it from a retail store.
With Birdie Bundle you get a great combination of golf equipment and gear featuring some of the best and most well-known brands in golf.
It is a unique golf subscription box option as you fill out a 13-point survey to build a fairly in-depth profile. You get a personal stylist who takes your survey and then suggests a bundle of golf clothes and equipment that suits your game.
There are gift bundles, bundles for men, bundles for women, corporate bundles, and a wide array of options ranging from around $50 to over $100 per month.
You get great discounts on high end brands and products that are catered to you or that you can cater to a friend, colleague, or loved one.
Golf lifestyle, technology, and nutritional products are also a part of the boxes which sets Birdie Bundle apart from the pack.
- Great brand names for a great price.
- Highly personalized products picked out for you using a stylist that has studied your preferences.
- Bonus gifts and surprises highlight the monthly boxes so that you get things that you know and new things to try as well.
- You can cancel at any time.
- Monthly or bi-monthly options are available.
- You can choose bundles for men, women, corporate gifts, etc.
- Only 1 or 2 wearable items each month in the primary version which may be less than some people are looking for.
- A great “golf” option but not a great “fashion” option.
- While it is personalized, there are some limitations to how personalized it can be.
The Birdie Box products are more like luxury golf gifts than golf gear and equipment. The Birdie Box product is not really a subscription service but each box is considered a “1-time gift” with specific products chosen for each individual golfer.
You get luxury brands like Adidas, Altec, Alton Lane, A&R Cashmere, and others. Gift items include things like personalized jewelry, ear buds, golf gloves, tees, etc. Birdie Box is vaguely golf-centered but it is not really as much of a golf company as a gift company.
- The products are very unique including vendors from all over the world.
- High quality gifts catered to the upscale tastes of people who enjoy gift giving and receiving.
- Every gift is elegantly packaged and customized.
- You can setup an online experience so that the person for whom you are buying the gift chooses exactly what he/she wants.
- Great option for men and women.
- Not available for subscription.
- The gifts are nice, but they are more about gifts than golf.
Who Will Benefit From a Golf Subscription Box?
The people who will benefit most from a golf subscription box are beginner golfers who have not built up a large inventory of golf clothing, gear, and training aids.
The truth is that these boxes are fun and would be a great gift from everyone, but in terms of it being a benefit it will only be that for a few golfers.
The thing that it does, however, is it can help you stay away from retail stores and doing your own shopping which many of us really like. You also have to be careful because while they do try to cater to your likes and preferences, only you really know yourself.
What Features Set One Golf Subscription Box Apart From Another?
Fashion or Function
Some of the Golf Subscription boxes are focused more on clothing and fashion than equipment and functionality. You have to decide what you want in a subscription box.
If you need more clothing on the course, then choose Short Par 4 or another box that gives you a lot of clothing choices. If you are looking for help on the course and improving your game, then find a box that focuses on training aid and high end equipment.
Obviously there is a fairly wide array of boxes and costs for those boxes. As with anything else in the world, you get what you pay for, so you have to figure out what you are willing to pay and if there is an option that fits both your budget and what you hope to get out of a subscription box.
Some of the subscription boxes feature brand names and others feature their own products. This is more of a personal preference, but it is easy to find out which brands are predominant with different boxes and you should choose a subscription box that has the brands and quality that you want.
What Are The Advantages/Disadvantages of a Golf Subscription Box?
The main advantage is that you do not have to go to a store as often. Especially if you get a box heavy on golf balls and tees, you do not have to think too much about hitting the course because you will be ready at any time.
You also get to experience things that you would not normally purchase for yourself.
For instance, a brand that you have never tried may end up being your favorite golf clothes out there, and the golf balls you receive may fit your game and you never knew it.
The disadvantages are that you do not get to pick out your own stuff. Golf balls are given to you and they may or may not be exactly what you want.
Your style may be slightly different than what you are given each month, and if you have to return something then the convenience of the box goes away. Also, there are a lot of golfers who like to pick out their own clothes and equipment.
Should I Purchase a Golf Subscription Box?
If you are a new golfer and looking for a way to build up your golf inventory then you absolutely should purchase a golf subscription box. If you are not picky but want high quality brands, then it is a pretty good idea as well.
However, if you have been playing golf for a while and know exactly what you like and have built a decent inventory, then a golf subscription box may not be a great gift for you.
Our Choices For Best Golf Subscription Box
Swinger Box is not only the best overall product, but it is one of the most affordable as well. Our favorite thing about Swinger Box is that they are different.
They design their own gear and provide really high quality equipment and you will not look like every other golfer on the course.
They take your likes and dislikes into account as well as the environment and season in which you are playing. If you want a really high quality product with unique and modern designs for a really good price, look into the Swinger Box subscription and you will not be disappointed.
It is the most affordable option and the option most focused on golf. A lot of golf subscription boxes are more like golf fashion boxes which is fine in some circumstances.
Mully Box, on the other hand, is solely focused on improving your golf game and clothing is not really a part of that.