If you’re in a hurry and just want to find the Best Golf Training Aid in 2020, then we recommend the Swingyde.
Most people start playing golf because of a friend or family member. Whether you start at a young age or to have something to do when you are a little older, the game of golf can be very addictive. It can also be one of the most difficult things to play well. Just checkout how this pro describes the golf swing!
For that reason, companies come up with a new gimmick to help improve your game on a daily basis and I am going to help you pinpoint some of the best golf training aids on the market. Whether you are a beginner or are trying to impress your friends or coworkers with an improved game, some of these aids could help you lower your handicap quickly.
In this article, we’re going to be reviewing the following golf training aids:
How to choose the best golf training aid
It is important to note that even the best golfers in the world have coaches. We all need someone or something that is unbiased and can help us see the flaws in our game in a way that can help us correct them. If you have been playing the game for a while, then you probably at least understand what your flaws are. You may swing too hard, have too quick of a tempo, lineup poorly, not keep your head down, or any variety of issues that can hurt your swing. The only thing you can be certain of, however, is that there is a flaw in your game and there always will be.
One of my biggest flaws has always been that I try to hit the ball too hard. It just seems logical that the harder and faster you swing, the farther your ball is going to go. I have the same problem on the tennis court and the baseball diamond as well. Knowing this about myself, I knew it was vital that I find a training aid that could help with the tempo of my swing. Don’t we all wish we could swing like Rory!
My grip is fine and when I hit the ball well I do not really have problem with a hook or a slice, I just do not control my swing like I should. This is the first step in choosing a golf training aid. You must know your own swing and the flaws that are there and find a tool that can help you overcome it.
What are the benefits of using a training aid?
The biggest benefit of using a training aid is that the vast majority of us have neither the time nor the money to spend hours every week with a swing coach. It is just unrealistic. At the same time, however, we want our game to improve so that we can have more fun and maybe even beat our friends and coworkers once in a while. While spending hours on the range can help, using a training aid can give us the training and repetitions we need without the time, money, and hassle involved in finding and using a swing coach.
If you understand your own game and your own limitations, then you can find the best golf training aids for you. Here are some things that you should know about yourself when it comes to choosing a training aid:
- Do you swing too hard?
- Do you slice or hook the ball often?
- Is short game lousy?
- Do you putt more than 40 times per round?
- Do you find yourself hitting your approach shot from the rough or the trees more often than not?
- Do the majority of your iron shots not come close to what you expected them to do?
Answering any of these questions will help you to understand what you need the most help with and what tool will be the most effective.
- Do you have to get up before everyone else in your house to be able to do anything alone?
- Did you last see a range 12 years ago before your life got busy?
- Do you need something that you can use from your own home or can you out to a course whenever you want?
- Do you really want to learn more or just go out and play?
- Is golf important enough for you to spend time improving?
Your limitations will help you understand what type of training aid you can use based on your life and which aid will actually benefit your score.
Can a good training aid replace lessons?
The short answer to this question is “no.” If golf swing trainers could really replace personal lessons or a coach, then everyone would be using them. They are clearly more convenient in general and you can use an aid whenever you want. If everything else was equal, then you should always choose lessons. But everything is not equal. Lessons cost money, they demand your time, and they require you to ask someone else to help you.
Golf swing aids are more convenient and they provide easier and more consistent access than lessons or a coach every could. The problem is that they are almost always one dimensional and can often cause other issues to arise even when you are in the midst of trying to solve the first one. With lessons, your instructor can teach you what to do and then correct any mistakes that may arise from the change in your swing. The bottom line is that lessons are better and more personalized, but they are also more expensive and more difficult to deal with. If you can use both, that is the best solution. At the same time, if you are unable to commit to or afford lessons, then a training aid is the right fit for you.
Best Golf Training Aids Reviewed
One of the following five products could just be the training aid that you have been trying to find. It is important to understand what you need and then to take these reviews and try to find and purchase the training aid that is most suitable for your skills.
The SKLZ Gold Flex Swing Trainer is great for warming up and improving the flexibility in your hips, shoulders, and knees.
You will develop core golf muscles while also getting the feel of your backswing and the natural lag that your clubs produce when you uncoil from your back swing. It does not work on a specific aspect of your game, but it simulates a swing while warming you up for a round of golf.
- Gives you an exaggerated feel of what your club does naturally in motion.
- It’s durable and will last for as long as you can swing it.
- It is legal to carry onto the course even in tournament play.
- It is the perfect warmup tool.
- It will help you develop more power and a better tempo.
- It actually helps you to understand the mechanics of your swing in a natural way.
- It does not work on one specific aspect of your game.
- It is more of a warmup tool than a swing aid.
- It is limited in its scope.
The Super Speed Golf training aid is designed specifically to help you increase your swing speed.
Increased swing speed leads to increased distances and even more fluid movements. If you are lagging behind off the tee or with your irons, then this training tool is for you.
- Is guaranteed to increase your swing speed.
- Includes three weighted clubs.
- You get hours and hours of online video instruction to go along with the actual product.
- Tour pros around the world use this product and advise their clients to do the same.
- You only need 10 minutes three days per week and you can do it anywhere.
- It is one of the most convenient products on this list.
- Increased swing speed does not always produce better results by itself.
- Just increasing swing speed does little to nothing for mechanics and can actually negatively affect your overall game.
The Swingyde actually attaches to your club to guide your arms into the correct path and stopping point on your backswing.
It is as close as you can get to an actual instructor holding your arms and guiding them to do the right thing. Placing your swing in the correct position increases both distance and accuracy and can help your overall golf game tremendously.
- The Swingyde physically attaches to your club and guides you to the perfect swing path.
- It not only leads your club but it also encourages your wrist to cock properly and release at the right point.
- It can be used for both right and left handed golfers.
- It works for your follow through as well as your back swing.
- It has been shown to increase both distance and accuracy off of the tee and the ground.
- It may not work for all golfers depending on size and swing angle.
- It is not made for beginners.
The Eyeline Golf Speed Trap 2.0 is a swing aid made specifically for the driving range.
It is quite large and a little cumbersome, but it can help to improve your swing path and it helps you to visualize what your club should be doing before, during, and after impact. The Speed Trap 2.0 actually guides your club to the perfect draw.
- The adjustable slot makes it viable for all of your clubs.
- It helps you visualize the club path and what your club should be doing throughout the swing.
- It gives you immediate feedback both with ball flight and whether or not you knocked off one of the rods.
- It is cumbersome and only has range applications.
- It does not train muscle memory but only provides a visual for what your club should be doing.
The Impact Snap was designed to get your club head in the perfect position every time.
It focuses on muscle memory so that you do the same thing with your swing every time and you know what the result should be. Aside from muscle memory, the Impact Snap also gives a great visual of how your wrist and arm positions affect the flight and position of your club head.
- Highly rated year after year by Golf Digest.
- Works on every aspect of your game because it works with muscle memory and arm placement.
- Trains your wrists for the three essential movements of the golf swing: Ulnar Deviation, Flexion, and Supination.
- Made for every aspect of your game from chipping to driving.
- Very convenient and can be used anywhere.
- Has been around for a long time and has shown itself to be effective.
- New club head addition adds to the visual.
- It is too easy and does not mimic a real golf swing.
- Made for beginners and not as effective for seasoned players.
And the winner is…Swingyde. Not only is it a great product, but the name makes you think too.
The truth is, the visual that Swingyde provides can really help any level of golfer as it shows you how different movements affects your club. On top of that, it can be used anywhere and even for just a few minutes a week. The Swingyde will help you make sure your club is in the right position each time, and after all, consistency on the course is what we all need.