Subscription boxes are getting more and more popular across industries, and the world of golf is not exempt.
The personalization, convenience, value, and fun of a subscription box are all things that have made them popular, and Short Par 4 is one of the best golf subscription boxes out there.
Short Par 4 is a website that you subscribe to on a monthly basis for a fee and in return you receive a box full of golf items.
The process is simple. When you sign up initially, you fill out a from that communicates your preferences to the site.
Short Par 4 takes that information and personalizes a box of golf equipment and apparel that is shipped to your door.
Short Par 4 really focuses on clothing and apparel and specifically with the top brand names in golf clothing like Puma, Under Armour, Callaway, etc.
The following is a “Short Par 4 Review” along with a description of the service and some information about some of its closest competitors.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Short Par 4
The Short Par 4 is more of the classic brand name and style golf subscription box that focuses on clothing and apparel over equipment and accessories.
If you like brand names like Callaway, Under Armour, Puma, etc. that is exactly what Short Par 4 offers and at a fraction of the cost that you find in retail stores.
With Short Par 4, you choose a subscription, take a quiz, and receive gear at your doorstep every month.
It is important to note that Short Par 4 has developed their initial “quiz” over years of existence with the goal of understanding what you, as an individual, want in a subscription box.
They find out your likes/dislikes, style, and preferences and they use that questionnaire to provide you with some of the best gear on the market.
Expect to see your favorite brands in every box along with new things for you to try just in case they become your new favorite.
Including things that may be slightly outside of the norm for you is important because it gives you some variety and allows you to try things you otherwise would not.
There are 4 different membership levels as follows:
- The Fairway Membership is catered to your likes and style and is guaranteed to be the best value out there. You get premium functional apparel that will have you feeling and looking nice on the course. Brands include Under Armour, Callaway, Puma, etc.
- The Executive Membership offers you a few more options but with similar discounts and slightly higher end brand names. You can expect a similar number of pieces per box but the brands contained are Travis Mathew, Matte Grey, Ralph Lauren RLX, Greyson, etc. You probably get the best value in the Fairway Membership but the higher quality in this one.
- The Magnolia Membership is designed for female golfers and specifically in conjunction with pro golfer Lexi Thompson. The boxes are curated by Lexi herself and they come every other month. The clothes are very high quality and great for female golfers looking to stay up with golf fashion trends.
- The PGA of America Membership is more of an experience than a subscription box. This membership is sold in limited quantities and you get accessories and apparel associated either with the current sponsor (Ricke Fowler at the time of this writing) or with the tournament coming up on the calendar (ie. Ryder Cup, majors, etc.). This is a more expensive option, and probably does not have the value that the other membership levels have, but you get unique pieces that you cannot find in a lot of places.
- Every golfer loves to see names that they are comfortable with like Under Armour, Callaway, Oakley, Puma, and TaylorMade and that is exactly what you get with Short Par 4.
- The Magnolia membership is one of the only golf subscription boxes catered specifically to women.
- With packages from $45 to $125 per month, you will be able to find one that is perfect for you.
- You save time because you never really have to go shopping for golf gear again.
- It makes a great gift.
- Offer great discounts on high end products.
- Each box comes along with additional offers and discounts that you can spend at the Short Par 4 online store.
- In terms of fashion and style, Short Par 4 is probably the best of the best.
- Focused much more on style and clothing so you do not get as much equipment with your subscription as with some of the others.
- The big brand names are limited in their style and options.
Features and Benefits Of Short Par 4
Cost (4 out of 5)
There are 4 different options from which to choose, and each of the 4 options offer their own strengths and weaknesses.
The least expensive option, the Fairway Membership, is probably the best value in terms of value for the cost, but the other membership levels have their own value levels as well.
In general, you can expect to get products that retail for more than double the price you pay for a box, and that is a really good value.
Quality (4.5 out of 5)
Short Par 4 offers the best of the best in terms of apparel quality. You will receive quite a few things from their own brand, and those pieces are as durable and nicely made as the Matte Grey, Under Armour, and other top brands that come as well.
The initial “quiz” process helps Short Par 4 decide what type of clothes to send, but the quality of the pieces you get are always top notch.
It is also important to note that the Executive Membership will provide higher quality brand names than the Fairway Membership.
The difference between these 2 is that you will receive roughly the same number of pieces while the Executive Membership offers higher quality pieces.
Selection and Variety (3.5 out of 5)
There are a few different ways you could rate Short Par 4 in regards to selection and variety.
If it was directly related to the variety of golf apparel they provide, their score would be closer to 5.
If you are looking for a mixture of clothing and equipment, then the rating would be closer to a 1 or 2 because they just do not offer much in terms of equipment.
We settled at a 3.5 because their selection of golf apparel is top notch they just do not offer much more than clothes.
Ease to Cancel (5 out of 5)
It is very easy to get someone on the phone and it is very easy to cancel a membership as well.
One of the definite strengths of Short Par 4 is their customer service. In fact, if you receive a box with items that you do not like, you can return them for a very low restocking fee.
There is very little risk to trying this service out because it is relatively inexpensive and easy to get your money back.
If you call to cancel, at least initially, they often give you the opportunity to receive additional boxes at discount prices, but they do not try to hard sell you on these if you really want to cancel.
What Other People Are Saying About Short Par 4
We have scoured the web and found some user experiences and reviews that may help you in your decision about Short Par 4.
“Short Par 4’s website states that “Handsomeness is guaranteed” Well I hope so because I’m as homely as my golf swing! I highly recommend Short Par 4, unreal prices, quality stuff and a friendly support staff. Get in, get styled and get out to the course.” – User on Golficity.com
“Unlike most of the subscription boxes around these days, Short Par 4 gives you a choice between four different styles from the word go. This is actually a really nice feature because it stops you from getting items that you absolutely would never wear out on the golf course.” – Review from Subscriptionboxesformen.com
“In 2014, Short Par 4 came into existence with the simple goal of helping golfers look and play their best at an affordable price. And the company has accomplished just that. They deliver customized golf and lifestyle apparel straight to your door for a fraction of what the items cost at full retail.” – Review from golfersauthority.com
Alternatives to Short Par 4
Swinger Box has some great features, but it is completely different than the Shor Par 4 subscription box.
There are 3 monthly boxes that you can choose from depending on what you are looking for and depending on how much you want to spend.
Our favorite option is the starter box that gives you a great start on the subscription and then turns into the higher quality “Gear Box” that provides a lot of the gear that you will need on a monthly basis.
Swinger Box designs and makes their own high quality gear and they cater their boxes to seasons, sizes, environment, and the preferences of each client.
They have a very low cost option in their “Essentials Box” and a higher cost option with their “Gear Box.”
Either one is a great choice and it just depends on what you are looking for in a subscription. With Swinger Box, you will not receive the standard golf clothes from the big name brands that look just like every other golfer on the course.
These designs are stylish and unique and they will help you stand out in a crowd. The golf balls, tees, gloves, electronics, etc. are also very high quality products that are catered to your game and tastes.
- A great product at a fantastic price.
- The starter box is perfect for beginning golfers.
- It is a great way for golfers that are just starting out to be ready to hit the links with all of the gear they need.
- The styles are unique, visually appealing, and very durable.
- The golf equipment is both necessary and high quality.
- Boxes are catered to your likes and the season.
- You have 2 great options of subscriptions to choose from.
- You get 1 or 2 apparel items, a golf accessory or training aid and essential gear in every box.
- If you are a golfer that likes name brands like Puma, Under Armour, Oakley, etc. then this is not the subscription box for you.
- There is a high end option and a low end option but nothing in the middle.
- If you are playing your golf in south Florida, then the outerwear and cold weather gear is probably not necessary.
If you are looking for a low price option that is both simple and highly functional, then Mully Box might be for you.
If you are looking for a new golf shirt or the latest hat, then Mully Box is not for you. This subscription focuses on the basics like golf balls, tees, gloves, and training aids.
Each month with Mully Box has a new and different focus. One month the theme will be putting, iron play, driving, etc. and everything that you receive in the box will be catered to that theme.
The mission of Mully Box is that golfers should feel like their game is improving every month because of their subscription and they do everything to make that happen.
Each monthly box comes with golf balls, tees, and 3 accessories made to help you improve your game.
- Simple and very inexpensive.
- Essential equipment and aids delivered to your door monthly.
- The focus is on golf and not fashion.
- A very direct mission statement to help people improve at golf and that is what they try to do with each box.
- No gear, no clothes.
- Not as thorough as many of the other golf subscription boxes out there.
Final Thoughts on This Short Par 4 Review
The best thing about Short Par 4 is not found in its value, the updated golf wardrobe you get, or the cool accessories that show up from time to time.
The best thing about Short Par 4 is that it is fun. It is fun to open, it is exciting to see what type of products you receive, and you never know what you will receive that you never knew you needed until you got it.
Some people are disappointed in their subscription boxes because they have unrealistic expectations.
If you are hoping to get everything that you would purchase if you were shopping for yourself, you will be disappointed. If you go into a subscription plan like this looking for a fun new way to get some cool golf apparel and gear then Short Par 4 is definitely worth a try.