If you’re in a hurry and just want to find the Best Golf Net in 2020, then here’s what we recommend:
- Best Overall – Spornia SPG 7
- Best for Indoors – Galileo Golf Net 10‘ x 6’
- Most Affordable – Go Sports 10′ x 7′
- Best Chipping Net – Golf Gifts & Gallery 30″ x 30″ Training Net
Convenience is one of the most important things in today’s world. As parents get busier at work, kids get busier in general, and people cannot find enough hours in the day to accomplish everything, they begin to look for anything that can make their life simpler and more convenient.
In this article we’re going to look at how to select the best golf net.
We’re going to be reviewing the following full swing golf nets:
- Golf Gifts & Gallery 9′ x 7′ Net
- The Net Return Home Series Version 2
- PGM Golf Net
- Galileo Golf Net 10′ x 6′
- Go Sports 10′ x 7′
- Spornia SPG 7
We’re also going to be reviewing the following chipping nets:
- Golf Gifts & Gallery 23″ Chipping Net
- Golf Gifts & Gallery 24″ Pop Up Chipping Net
- Golf Gifts & Gallery 30″ x 30″ Training Net
Fast food restaurants are on every corner, takeout menus abound, and there are even food prep companies who will plan your meal every day of the week and take care of everything but heating it up.
Golf nets are convenient. They are for the avid golfer that has 3 kids, a dog, a job, and little or no time to practice the game that they love. We will discuss the different features and the bells and whistles that some of these nets have to offer, but the key to a golf net purchase is the desire for a convenient way to unwind and hit a golf ball as hard as you possibly can and from the comfort of your own home.
Why Purchase a Golf Net?
You purchase a golf net because it is an inexpensive and very easy way to work on your golf game. You can set it up in your backyard or even inside your home. You can hook up a golf simulator or some other type of swing analyzer or you can just hit the ball over and over and get a feel for how your club strikes the ball. The best way to improve your game and have more fun on the course is to practice, practice, and practice some more. A golf net is a way that you can do this without losing precious family time or having to spend money on lessons or a driving range.
If you are like me, and if you are reading this right now you probably are, hitting a golf ball is a great way to relieve stress and to get the worries of the day out of your mind. This is the second reason to buy a golf net. So that you can take 5 or 10 minutes a few times every day and just forget about everything except for pounding a golf ball. You may not improve your game this way, but it is fun and it is a great stress reliever.
How To Choose the Best Golf Net
When choosing a golf net, just like any other piece of equipment, you have to decide what your primary use will be. The rest of this article will focus on feature to look for and reviews of specific nets, but for those to be useful, you have to decide what you want to get out of a golf net. If you are just hoping to take a few swings here and there, then a feature-rich net might not be as important for you. If, on the other hand, you plan on using a simulator to play 18 holes a few times a week, purchasing a top notch net will be a lot more important. The key to choosing the best golf net has less to do with features and more to do with how you plan on using the net for your own game.
What Are Some of the Features You Should Look For in a Golf Net
Size. The first question you have to ask is where you play on setting up your net. You do not want to purchase a net that is either too big or almost too big for the area, but if only larger nets fit your needs, then you might want to consider a new location.
Functionality. Are you looking for a ball return function, do you want to set the net up with a simulator, do you want to practice driving and chipping? All of these are questions relating to functionality that you should ask yourself before purchasing.
Versatility. Some golf nets can handle any club in your bag while others are more limited in scope. Versatility refers to whether or not a net can handle any shot or if it focuses only on certain clubs.
Cost. You can find a golf net for about $45, you can also find one for about $600. Decide what you want to spend and find a net at that price with the features that you desire.
Durability. Generally speaking, the more you pay, the more durable the materials will be. This is not always the case, but if you want a golf net that will last, make sure the materials used are high quality.
Ease of Use. This includes setting the net up, breaking it down, using all of the features offered, and anything else that goes into using a golf net.
Portability. There are some pop-up nets that you can take with you anywhere and setup in less than a minute. There are others that, once they are set, it is not worth moving them unless they are going to occupy their new space for a while.
Do I Really Need a Golf Net?
Of course nobody “needs” a golf net. The vast majority of people who enjoy the game of golf will never purchase one and will be just fine without it. However, if you love the game of golf and want to spend as much of your free time as you can playing it or if you want to make sure that you do not sacrifice family time at the expense of practicing golf, then a net will be a great purchase.
On top of that, a golf net is a great way to instill a love of the game in your children. It is a perfect way to spend some quality time with the people in your life that you love without spending money and even without leaving your home. Some of the best time I ever spent with my grandfather was on the golf course or in his backyard practicing chipping and short game shots with him. A golf net is a more efficient and easier to use way of spending time with your family while enjoying something that you both have a passion for.
Best Golf Nets in 2020 Reviewed
Full Swing Nets
More than a chipping net, you can also take a full pitching swing into this net. The target in the middle is a great visual aid and place to aim that also gives immediate feedback to every shot. While you cannot take a full swing into the net, you can work on more than simple chipping like what you find in an average chipping net.
- Metal frames and reinforced fiberglass poles make it a very durable and stable piece of equipment.
- The target in the middle is a great way to get immediate feedback. It is also a great visual aid to help in aim.
- Perfect for chipping and a good option for full pitching strokes as well.
- You can use the target for chipping or you can take it out if you just want to get the feel of the ball on your club.
- You can work on spin and roll if you find the right mat or fake green.
- One of the pricier options.
- Only for full swing pitching or chipping practice.
- Not sturdy enough or weighted to take a full swing.
- No mat.
The Net Return Home Series V2 is the Pro VI of golf nets. It is very expensive, but the features and durability cannot be found in any other product.
It can be used indoors or out and is durable up to at least 250,00 shots. It can handle an impact of up to 225 mph and has a ball return option so that you can hit as many shots as you want without stopping. While it is not overly portable because of the weight, it is easy to assemble and disassemble if you want to take it with you on occasion.
- Guarantees at least 250,000 shots.
- Can handle ball speeds of 225 mph.
- Can be used for other sports as well.
- Can handle your driver all the way down to your wedges.
- Ultra durable all the way around.
- Can be used indoors or out.
- Easy to assemble.
- Gives instant feedback.
- A ball return option.
- A hefty price tag.
- Does not come with a hitting mat, and the hitting mat of the same brand comes with a high price tag as well.
- Not overly portable as the net itself weighs 28 pounds.
If you are looking for a versatile hitting net that gives immediate feedback and allows you to chip into targets then this is a great net. It is one of the few that gives you a top notch chipping option to go along with a full swing option, and the chipping targets are easy to see and hit into. Package all of this into a very portable, durable and well-made apparatus and you have one of the most versatile nets out there.
- A full size golf hitting net at 10 feet by 6 feet.
- Durable poles and a durable net will have this net lasting a long time.
- Very easy to setup.
- A good price for the size and features of the net.
- A chipping target to along with the hitting net.
- The more common pyramid design holds up well.
- No accompanying mat.
- A little more difficult to connect to a swing analyzer.
- The pyramid shape is not as pleasing to the eye.
This Galileo Golf Net has a unique design that is really different than anything else you will see on the market.
- The design of the net makes it stand up no matter the conditions and no matter how long you have had it.
- Great for outdoor use, but small enough to fit in most garages when the weather is not conducive.
- You can take a full swing and know that there is no way the ball will not land safely in the net.
- The target in the middle is at the right height for almost any club.
- The cross pole design gives it the unique look but also a much larger amount of roof overhang.
- Extremely durable material.
- Very easy to set up and break down. Probably the most portable of the larger nets.
- One of the more expensive nets on the list.
- Not effective for chipping.
- Mat not included but needed.
Designed by golfers for golfers, the GoSports 10’ by 7’ net is like having a portable driving range to use any time you want. It is large enough to promote confidence in taking a full swing and small enough to fit in most garages or a bonus room.
It is made of very durable material and even if something goes wrong, there is a lifetime warranty. No matter if you want to use it indoors or out, the GoSports golf net is exactly what most golfers are looking for.
- Great price for a net that can handle a full swing.
- Great durability and a lifetime warranty.
- Basically a personal driving range as you can just tee your ball up and swing.
- 10 feet by 7 feet is a great size.
- Very portable and easy to set up inside of outside.
- Easy to setup a simulator or swing analyzer.
- Simply designed so that it looks good and is easy to hit into.
- Mat not included.
- No ball return.
- No target to judge accuracy and no chipping option.
With the ball return on the Spornia SPG 7, you will only need one ball to practice over and over again, but if you do not want to use the ball return, the stopper can hold about 200 balls. The back target is 7 feet by 8 feet and absorbs the impact of the ball while muffling the sound. The netting is made of very durable material while the back target will take most of the pounding anyway.
- The patented ball return is one of the most consistent on the market.
- The target absorbs the impact of the ball which allows the net to last longer.
- The target also absorbs the sound of each shot.
- Can store 200 balls in the stopper.
- The target gives you a sense of ball flight, consistency, and accuracy.
- Is large enough to use any club.
- You could easily use a simulator or swing analyzer in conjunction.
- Assembly and disassembly can be tedious and difficult.
- Not portable.
- One of the pricier options.
A folding chipping basket that is a great way to work on your short game. Whether you are going to spend a week away with your family or you just want to go to your backyard and work on your short game, this chipping net is collapsible and lightweight. A chipping stroke is one of the hardest to perfect in golf, and this net gives you instant feedback on the accuracy and ball flight of each shot.
- Great portability.
- It is the perfect way to work on precision chipping to a spot.
- Allows you to learn how your different lofts will work from different distances.
- You can work on putting more or less spin on your chips and see how it effects ball flight and accuracy.
- A durable metal frame with thick netting that should last a long time.
- 3 unique rings to work on chipping at different heights.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Finding the right surface from which to practice.
- Limited in scope.
The 24” Pop Up Chipping Net by Golf Gifts & Gallery is perfect if you are looking for a simple and portable chipping net option. It folds up to almost nothing, is very lightweight, and is simple to setup.
In fact, all you really have to do is throw it in the direction you want to chip and it will virtually set itself up. It is not the most feature-rich option on the list, but it is the easiest option to take with you wherever you go and at a price that anyone can afford.
- Even more portable than the previous chipping net from Golf Gifts and Gallery.
- A bullseye to promote precision chipping.
- You can fold it up and throw it back out in less than 30 seconds.
- The least expensive option on the list.
- Not as durable as many of the other nets on this list.
- Limited in what it can do.
- Not chipping mat so you have to find the right ground to play on.
The 30” x 30” chipping net is perfect to work on your chipping accuracy. There are 5 separate targets with the largest being in the dead center of the net.
It is great for making up challenges to play other people and a great way to introduce your children to the game of golf. It is so light, easy to carry, and easy to assemble that you can take it pretty much anywhere and have a golf training aid no matter where you go.
- A good price for a chipping net.
- The different targets allow you to work on accuracy both with distance and height.
- 4 of the targets are smaller than the main central target so you can focus more on accuracy.
- Easy to set up and break down.
- Very portable and lightweight.
- If you can chip a ball into each of the 5 targets, then you are definitely on the verge of improving your short game.
- Have to find your own surface or purchase a separate mat.
- Made more for indoor than outdoor applications.
- Great for chipping but only for accuracy in the air, it does not take spin and roll into account.
Our Choice For Best Golf Net in 2020
Best Overall Choice
Our best overall option came down to either the Spornia SPG 7 or the Net Return Home Series, and our choice is the Spornia SPG 7. It is about half of the price of the Net Return with almost all of the features. The net is not overly portable but it is also easy enough to set up and break down.
The main thing is the ball return function is great, the well holds up to 200 balls, and the target is better than most of the other options on the list. All of that in a very durable and well made net that will last a long time. There is not really a big downside other than price and it has all of the features you could want.
Best For Indoors
The Galileo Golf Net 10′ x 6′ is small enough to fit in a garage or bonus room and is basically like having a portable driving range at your disposal.
Most Affordable Option
The most affordable option is the Go Sports 10′ x 7′. Coming in as the least expensive option, this net makes practice at home super affordable.
Best Chipping Net
The Golf Gifts and Gallery 30 x 30 training net, with its five targets and easy portability, is the best chipping net option.