***If you’re looking for the most recent reviews for 2023 gear, we will be updating this page in the summer after we’ve had a chance to review them!
If you’re in a hurry and just want to find the Best Waterproof Golf Shoes in 2022, here are our recommendations:
- Best Spikeless Waterproof Golf Shoes – Adidas CODECHAOS
- Best Spiked Waterproof Golf Shoe – Nike Air Zoom Infinity Tour
When I was around 10 years old, my family and I went to Six Flags for the day. The second ride that we rode was called “Thunder River” and it was a ride that took you under waterfalls and through “rapids” that splashed your boat. About 1 hour into a 10 hour day, my shoes and socks were soaked.
I don’t think I need to write anymore of that story to help you understand why a pair of waterproof golf shoes may be one of the most important equipment purchases you could make.
Depending on the climate where your course is located, a pair of waterproof golf shoes could be the difference between a fun and low-scoring round and a miserable experience. The following is a review and discussion of the best waterproof golf shoes in 2020.
We’re going to be reviewing the following Waterproof Golf Shoes:
How To Choose The Best Waterproof Golf Shoe
Shoes, in general, are a statement about who we are. Do we purchase them for comfort, for style, for utilitarian reasons, or to leave an impression on other people. Golf shoes are normally chosen in the same way, but with the caveat that we will be playing a pretty demanding sport that requires stability and a lot of walking.
In the end, choosing the best waterproof golf shoes comes down to your personal preferences. This is especially true if there is a specific brand that both fits you well and makes a good waterproof golf shoe. In the end, make sure they are comfortable and that you like how they look.
Things That Differentiate Waterproof Golf Shoes
Spikes. To spike or not to spike, that is the question. The answer usually depends on how often you play, what type of conditions you play in, and whether or not the course you are playing allows spiked shoes. Today’s Spikeless shoes offer a lot of support and stability that may have not been there in the past, but they will never give you the support of a spiked shoe.
Cost. Just like with most other purchases you will ever make, at least in general, you get what you pay for. For instance, if you have decided on purchasing a pair of Adidas golf shoes and there is one pair for $50 and another for $125, there is probably a reason for that discrepancy. It is up to you to know what features are worth the cost.
Brand. Brand is important for a variety of reasons. Usually, brands have a specific sizing standard and design template that you can see up and down their product line. If you are a runner, and one brand makes your favorite running shoe, the chances are high that they will also make your favorite golf shoe. You can also usually know what type of quality you are receiving based on brand.
Comfort. Comfort is a personal decision, and the only way to figure out which shoes are the most comfortable for you is to put them on your feet. You can read as many reviews and articles that you want, but comfort is personal and is reliant on a lot of different features.
Style. Some golfers like their shoes and shirts to be loud and over the top. Others like a plain white golf shoe to complement the traditional look that the rest of their ensemble and equipment shares.
Durability. This is where you want to read reviews from other golfers who have used the shoes you are about to purchase. They will tell you how long they last, what type of issues that you may run into, and whether or not the shoes that you like are worth the purchase.
What Are The Benefits of Waterproof Golf Shoes?
The first thing that we should agree on is that golf shoes should be worn during a round of golf. If you are here and reading this article, then you have probably already made that decision.
Golf shoes are made and sold for a reason, and that reason is to provide the best and sturdiest foundation for a golfer to hit a clean shot. Since we are in agreement that golf shoes are beneficial, it is equally important to discuss the benefits of “waterproof” golf shoes in particular.
The benefits of waterproof golf shoes should be obvious. Most golfers like to get to the course in the early morning before the sun has had a chance to evaporate the dew. Other golfers are fine playing in the occasional rain shower as long as lightning and thunder are not in the area.
Finally, there are a select few golfers who do not mind going into the creek to hit your ball without taking a stroke. If any of these scenarios or others like them describe you, and I am willing to bet that they do, then the benefits of waterproof golf shoes are apparent and obvious.
Do I Really Need Waterproof Golf Shoes?
The short answer to this question is “yes.” Even if you only need them for 10% of the rounds that you play, and I believe that number to be extremely low, they are worth the purchase.
If you have ever had to spend a few hours in soaking wet shoes, then you know the experience is not enjoyable. Save yourself the irritation and get a nice pair of waterproof golf shoes that will make sure you play your round in comfort.
Best Waterproof Golf Shoes in 2022 Reviewed
Spikeless Golf Shoes
Style, comfort, and functionality combine for this waterproof Adidas golf shoe. The Adidas “Boost” cushioning is the same technology they use in their high-end running shoes, and the shape of the Code Chaos looks a lot more modern than your traditional golf shoe.
Adidas continues to push the style boundaries in golf, and the Code Chaos shows that it is working. You get the look and comfort of a running shoe with the functionality of a golf shoe.
- One of the most comfortable golf shoes on the market.
- The Adidas “Boost” cushioning runs the full length of the shoe.
- Features a lightweight, multi layer mesh upper which is waterproof and breathable.
- The “TwistGrip” traction system ensures that your feet will stay planted firmly in place for the entirety of your golf swing.
- A 2-year, waterproof warranty.
- A very durable shoe.
- Fit true to size and with a lot of room in the forefoot.
- Not a “traditional” looking golf shoe.
- On the expensive side.
Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 GTX
If this shoe was not made for the golf course, you could wear them anywhere. They are comfortable, very high in quality, they look nice, and you cannot go wrong with an Ecco shoe.
The premium yak leather uppers and gore tex construction give you a comfortable, breathable, and waterproof design while the TriFi grip gives you great stability.
- A very high quality shoe with a lot of focus on details and workmanship.
- Both breathable and durable.
- The “TriFi” grip gives you the stability and confidence you need no matter the lie.
- A very cushioned heel and sole for maximum comfort on the course.
- The quality construction make this a very durable golf shoe.
- Gore Tex construction is still one of the best when it comes to waterproofing a shoe.
- Yak leather upper is breathable, cool, and stylish.
- A pricey golf shoe.
- Does not look or feel as athletic as some of the other offerings, but it is also not a traditional looking golf shoe.
- The shape of these shoes is a little different than what many may be used to.
Nike Jordan ADG 2
Especially for my generation (born in the 1970s) and earlier then the “Jordan” brand name means something special. Jordans are always stylish, always comfortable, and always very popular. The Jordan ADG 2 golf shoes are no exception. Everyone knows Jordan was and is an avid golfer, so a Jordan golf shoe is appropriate.
What is special about these shoes is that they are comfortable, stylish, and they perform extremely well on the golf course. They are lightweight, stable, and waterproof, but most of all they are Jordans.
- A very comfortable golf shoe.
- A result of one of the most popular and stylish brands in America creating a golf shoe.
- A “Zoom Air Unit” provides extreme cushioning and comfort.
- A partial inner sleeve grips your foot and feels as comfortable as a sock.
- Integrated shoe laces and a midfoot overlay combine for greater comfort and a more secure fit.
- A breathable leather upper with a mesh tongue make the shoes cool and breathable.
- A very athletic golf shoe that lets your foot bend when it should but provides stability when needed.
- More limited size options, and the shoe does not come in “wide.”
- On the expensive side.
- They are not a traditional looking golf shoe so it may not appeal to traditionalists.
The Puma RS-G shoes are a throwback to the 1980s Puma running shoe in style while bringing in current technology and golf specific features. A lot of people and companies are getting on board with the retro look that these shoes pull off and so they will appeal to that crowd. Puma also has a tradition of style and functionality that are found in these shoes.
It is a more “chunky” shoe like which is gaining in popularity today but they are also waterproof and breathable. Puma, like many of the other shoes on this list, has taken the comfort and design of a running shoe (RS stands for “running system) and added the features of a golf shoe.
- The least expensive price point on this list.
- A retro shoe in a world where “retro” is more and more popular.
- Pronounced rubber “lugs” throughout the bottom of the shoe give it great traction on all terrains and in all conditions.
- A foam insole with rebound and return properties provide all day comfort.
- A microfiber leather keeps the shoe waterproof and breathable at the same time.
- A 1-year waterproof warranty.
- A heavier shoe than others on the list.
- It is very “chunky” looking which could be a pro or con, but for many golfers it will not be aesthetically pleasing.
Spiked Golf Shoes
FootJoy Tour X
FootJoy is still the number one shoe in golf, and the Tour X is their topline offering. The Tour X is all about stability and traction, and your feet will remain in place no matter how hard you swing and no matter what conditions you are in when you swing.
They are comfortable also with some added cushioning and bounce from the ortholite insoles.
- The well-known FootJoy comfort and durability.
- A more traditional looking golf shoe that may appeal to some golfers.
- Made for hard swingers because of the extra stability these shoes provide.
- The 9 “Launch Pods” on the bottom of the shoes provide this extra stability.
- Ortholite insoles provide extra cushioning and bounce in the soles to make it easy to forget you are wearing spikes.
- The wide footbed along with the launch pods provide great traction as well.
- Chromskin soft leather upper is comfortable and breathable.
- The powerplate outsole and powerstrap provide incredible fit and ensure your foot does not slide inside the shoe.
- Not as stylish as some of the other options.
- On the expensive side.
- Appeals more to older golfers.
- Do not perform as well in overly hot climates.
Adidas Tour360 XT
When you are looking for a new golf shoe, you are primarily looking for 2 features: comfort and traction. The Tour360 XT has both. Adidas combines their “Boost” foam technology for incredible cushioning and comfort while providing top-of-the-line stability both inside and out.
The trademark Adidas style is simple and clean with multiple color options. Adidas continues to thrive in the golf footwear market, and the Tour360 XT shoe would suit any golfer well. It is not wonder that some of the best golfers on the planet wear these shoes.
- Boost cushioning is top notch.
- The traction and stability to handle the hardest of swings.
- Premium leather upper looks great and performs just as well.
- A very athletic feeling shoe.
- The comfort and design of a running shoe with the features of a golf shoe.
- They feel good right out of the box, they do not even need to be worn-in.
- The Tunnel X midfoot gives great fit and extra stability for your foot.
- Some of the best looking shoes on the list. They are not overly modern but they look nice and will appeal to the majority of golfers.
- 2-year waterproof warranty.
- A pricier option.
- Heavier than other options on the list.
- The leather is not as breathable as some of the other options.
Nike Air Zoom Infinity Tour
Nike has been a major player in the golf industry for a long time, but they have been the number one running shoe for even longer. In the Zoom Infinity Tour, those 2 worlds collide and you have one of the most comfortable, athletic, and responsive golf shoes on the market.
On top of that, this shoe looks really good. This shoe was inspired by Brooks Koepka who wanted a golf shoe that felt like a running shoe and the results are terrific.
- One of the most comfortable golf shoes out there, spiked or spikeless.
- Flyknit construction is lightweight, waterproof, breathable, and durable.
- One of the few mid range price tags on this list.
- Full length zoom air is stitched directly into the upper to provide incredible cushion and bounce.
- Extra air pockets in the heel and forefoot provide golf specific cushioning where your feet need it the most.
- Piston spikes and added traction patterns ensure stability during the swing.
- Spikes are places under the 3 extra air pockets for increased bounce and responsiveness.
- The React Technology offers a smooth ride while walking the course.
- A great looking shoe.
- They run slightly small.
- The Nike name carries a little baggage for some golfers.
- Not a traditional looking golf shoe.
New Balance Fresh Foam LinksPro
A durable waterproof shoe that is comfortable and inexpensive. You may think I am describing something that does not exist, but the New Balance Fresh Foam LinksPro provide all of that and more.
New Balance has long been known for quality, style, and sizing options that you just cannot find with other brands. The Fresh Foam LinksPro continue that tradition in a golf shoe that performs well on the course.
- Easily the least expensive option on this list.
- Additional sizing options that are perfect for wide, narrow, or large feet.
- The combination of waterproof mesh and microfiber leather is comfortable and durable.
- The FreshFoam midsole is what New Balance uses for some of its running shoes and is very comfortable on the course.
- 7 replaceable spikes provide great traction.
- Great looking shoes.
- The TPU outsole moves with your foot and gives you the athletic feel and responsiveness needed in golf.
- Runs small on many golfers.
- Spikes are difficult to remove and install.
- A good shoe, but the positives of this shoe do not match the features of some of the others on this list.
Best Spikeless Waterproof Golf Shoe
While I am partial to the Jordan brand, the best spikeless waterproof golf shoe for our money is the Adidas CODECHAOS. At first glance you know that these are not your Father’s golf shoes, and in a good way. They look great, come in vibrant colors, and have the athletic look of a running shoe rather than the stuffier look of a traditional golf shoe.
When you put the shoe on your foot, it feels like you are walking in top end running shoes. The cushioning is top notch and they are as comfortable and athletic as any shoe you will find. All of this is wrapped up in a stable golf shoe that performs well in any conditions and will give you the confidence to swing away knowing that your feet will not move.
Best Spiked Waterproof Golf Shoe
The Nike Zoom Infinity Tour are our choice for best spiked waterproof golf shoes in 2020. Honestly, I am not always a fan of Nike offerings, but these are so good I had to change my mind. The goal was to produce a running shoe that you can play golf in, and the results were exactly that.
You have the stability and traction to swing as hard as you possibly can without worrying about slipping. At the same time, you could walk as many holes as you wanted and the comfort level would never subside. On top of that, the shoes are waterproof, cool, and breathable at the same time. Even the price is better than most of its competitors. There are very few weaknesses to this shoe, and the combination of comfort, style, and stability make this our favorite spiked waterproof shoe.